Lymphatic drainage is an excellent choice for detoxification, reduction of pain and deep relaxation of a whole being. This treatment is highly recommended for clients who are unable to receive active therapy modalities, clients who's skin density has been compromised and geriatric patients.
This form of therapy promotes organs and tissue regeneration/healing by stimulating lymphatic circulation to promote balance of chemistry, which in turn encourages the formation of lymphocytes (white blood cells which are crucial agents of immune system) that produce antibodies, increasing the body's resistance to infection. Therapist works with flat hands to stimulate parasympathetic nervous system, providing gentle rhythmical flow to the body. Benefits from this treatment can be:
- Reduction in edemas (swelling)
- Detoxification of the body
- Promotes tissue regeneration like scars
- Relief of sub-acute inflammations, including sinusitis, bronchitis
- Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality and loss of memory
- Prepare and cleanse the body pre-surgery, to reduce inflammation and accelerate healing post-surgery.
Absolute contraindications to this treatment:
- Acute infections, overactive thyroid, fever
- Serious circulatory problems (phlebitis, venous obstruction), cardiac arrhythmia, blood clots, hemorrhage, epilepsy
- Diseases involving inflammation of the intestines ( Colitis, Chron's disease)